My new book, Every Californian’s Guide to Estate Planning is available now and I’m excited to share it with all of you.
I wrote it because there isn’t a California-specific estate planning book out there, and we, as Californians, have some special things to deal with.
In addition to an introduction to wills and trusts, what probate is and how to avoid it, and how to pick guardians for your minor children, this book also discusses these California-specific issues (and many others):
- How to pass your property tax rate to your kids.
- How to minimize capital gains on appreciated assets (like your house)
- The legal rules that apply to non-citizens.
- How to plan for international assets and international families.
- Estate planning for blended families.
- Smart ways to make charitable gifts.